American Strategic Insurance is a leading writer of Property and Casualty products. ASI offers Personal Lines Property products in over 40 states, and is currently in the process of expanding nationally. ASI is ranked a top employer in Florida, and in Tampa Bay, for many years. ASI is an independently-managed insurance company that is a member of the Progressive group of companies.Job Purpose
This position is responsible for supervising the team that monitors, reconciles and analyzes the company's cash accounts and statutory deposits. Includes facilitating the movement of funds through wires and ACH transactions, and the analysis of all cash transactions.
SCOPE: Supervises a team of approximately 5 individuals including employment decisions, performance management and employee development. Provides input into compensation and reward planning.Essential Job Functions
- Provides leadership, management and oversight for all cash operations activities.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely distribution of accounting reports to serviced products, including but not limited to Progressive Renters and Manufactured Home.
- Responsible for the completion of monthly cash journal entries, including the development and continual improvement of the journal entry process.
- Review the cash reconciliations performed by the staff accountants for accuracy and compliance with company standards.
- Responsible for providing support for all commission related questions to agents and sales reps, both internal and external.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training and evaluating employees.
- Assists other departments and ensures all required cash research is completed timely and accurately.
- Develops and maintains cash forecast model for each entity within the consolidated group.
- Ascertain amounts of excess cash available for investment and make recommendations.
- Works with the Investment Accounting team to ensure the efficient flow of cash to and from operating accounts and investment accounts.
- Ensures necessary cash management activities are performed each banking day and appropriate back-up resources are available during absences.
- Conducts periodic bank service reviews and provides recommendations to improve cost or efficiencies.
- Performs on-going analysis of software needs.
- Assists the financial analysis team with internal reporting and planning.
- Interacts with and communicates results to employees, business unit leaders and senior management.
- Occasional travel required.
- Extra hours may be required during business peaks or to meet seasonal deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field of study (i.e. Finance, banking) with a concentration in Accounting or Finance and four years' experience in finance or accounting.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an Associate's degree in Business or related field of study (i.e. Finance, banking) and four years' experience in finance or accounting.
- 2 years' experience with a policy management system.
The physical requirements and working conditions listed below are representative of those required on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Typical office environment requiring the use of typical office equipment (e.g., computers, phones, etc.). Computer keyboarding, computer monitor and mouse use including reaching forward, grasping, finger and wrist manipulation, and neck bending and turning; near vision is necessary for computer monitor use. If working in an Emerging Workspace, or similar working arrangement, lifting of laptop equipment, files and/or personal belongings weighing 10 lbs. or less is required.
- May require long periods of sitting
- May require prolonged repetitive use of the upper extremities
The ASI Culture is like no other. While ASI stands for "American Strategic Insurance," we also believe it stands for "Attitude, Speed and Innovation." It is through these principles we plan our day and measure our success. This can be seen through the way our team members interact with each other, the fan letters from our agents and customers, to our success during a time where other companies have struggled.
ASI offers outstanding benefits, health insurance for employees and dependents, dental, vision, up to 6% matching on our 401(k) retirement plan, earned time off, life insurance, and much more!
*Sponsorship is not available for this position*