Sales - Account Manager - Inside
The Commercial Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for maintaining and growing business in various territories using Bankers commercial insurance products. The BDM cultivates and strengthens agent relationships and uses Bankers resources to support their customers’ needs.
- Effectively articulate and position Bankers small commercial value proposition. Demonstrate the ability to build partnerships with other business groups to identify and initiate multiple product solutions at the account level.
- Identify territory market trends, define appropriate product(s) and work with agents to perform competitively.
- Position requires proven consultative sales and transactional sales skills, superior knowledge of Bankers small commercial products and services along with exceptional influence management skills.
- Nurture a trusted partnership with agents so that they can rely on you as a dependable resource and a support for Bankers commercial products.
- Evaluate potential leads for new partnerships and assist during the contracting process.
- Assist with agent segmentation and analyzing agent production and loss ratio reports.
- Assist agents during the onboarding process and with ongoing training and product education surrounding Bankers commercial products and systems, using varying communication channels/technologies.
- Assists with the coordination of agent events, trainings, meetings and conventions.
- Act as an advisory to our commercial agents when complex problem solving is required, encouraging an open line of communication as well as prompt and accurate resolution.
- Sales will be primarily through telephone but will occasionally be required to travel as needed nationally.
- Support external Territory Sales Managers as needed.
- A physical presence at the work location is required.
- Positive Driving Record and Valid License.
- Drug Test Required.
- Credit Check Required.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment and uses standard office equipment. However, periods of travel will require longer durations of time spent in a vehicle/airplane.
Expected Hours of Work
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. or 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
Up to 50% travel required in our core states of FL, NC, SC, LA, and TX.
Education and Experience
- College Degree or Property and Causality (P&C) license.
- Commercial expertise required.
- Consultative sales training.
- Salesforce experience.
- AS400 experience a plus.
- Ability to analyze various markets and identify key areas to promote various products.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and communication skills.
- Ability to identify/utilize resources in order to effectively grow/maintain business.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Service related business experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and P&C license.
- Customer relationship management systems experience.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to work in the United States.