Financial Analyst- Property and Casualty
The Property and Casualty Lead Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing financial planning and analysis including monthly and quarterly management reporting and analysis, periodic reforecasts and annual planning by creating actionable and timely information regarding business unit financial performance, operational analysis on current business trends, and market and product level analytics.
- Must have Property and Casualty Financial Analyst experience. .
- Prepares management reports and analysis including metrics, identifying trends, competitor analysis, etc. Present findings/recommendations to management effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Supports all aspects of management reporting including premium, loss and expense analysis, investments, balance sheet, cash flow, return on equity, etc.;
- Supports the monthly / quarterly close process including preparing management reports and financial analysis of results;
- Supports the annual planning process including preparing reports and analysis and helping to coordinate the overall planning process;
- Performs quarterly reforecasts:
- Handles a variety of concurrent projects including ad hoc analysis and on-going reporting;
- Interacts and coordinates with other departments to develop scorecards to monitor growth and profitability initiatives and to address business issues;
- Contributes to the development of new tools/reporting to facilitate performance measurement;
- Supports capital and rating agency management;
Minimum of 4 years of financial planning & analysis experience with a property & casualty insurer;
Knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting principles.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA preferred