Claims Support Specialist
At The Hearth, we treat you like we’d treat us. We’re a young company founded by seasoned professionals who bring decades of experience, and just as important, humanity to home insurance. Thanks to a commitment to extraordinary, personalized service, we are growing fast. And it’s because we do things differently.
The Hearth Insurance Group is seeking an experienced clerical Claim Support Specialist in Tampa, FL. This individual will provide administrative support to adjusters and handle other special projects as assigned. The ideal candidate will have homeowner’s experience working at a carrier and possess strong computer and organizational skills.
- Process, distribute, scan, and sort inbound and outbound mail, to include, but not limited to, sensitive time demands
- Navigate in claim system to assign documents to appropriate claim and policy files
- Assist with general insurance claim support tasks as required
- Provide complete administrative support to adjusters
- Answer and handle First Notice of Loss and existing claim phone calls
- Assist with claim assignments, state licensing requirements for adjusters, certified policy requests, ISO Claim reporting, and other claim administrative duties
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as assigned by management
- Minimum High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree or some college preferred
- Experience in the insurance industry, specifically personal lines homeowner’s experience preferred
- 1+ years in a similar role preferred
- Willingness to work flexible schedule - hours of operations are 8 am to 7 pm, and overtime as needed for claim spikes
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google products
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and time management skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team, environment assisting others
The Hearth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.