IT Business Systems Analyst - Jr Scrum Master
IT Business Systems Analysts (BSA) at ASI/Progressive Home are essential to our success. With expertise in technical analysis, design, coordination and planning, you’ll be part of innovative projects that impact our customers, agents and employees.
The Business Owners Policy (BOP) project is a transformational strategic project supporting the commercial lines group at Progressive Insurance. Join the team while it is in the start-up process of the piloting phase. This is a multi-year project that will be implemented across the country for use by our commercial agents.
As an IT Business Systems Analyst on our team, you will participate in our scrum process, facilitate creation of requirements and technical specifications. You will be involved in
planning and coordinating small and large project efforts, maintain our documentation, and ensure our backlog is managed and maintained.
- Understanding and background in commercial insurance a plus
- Experienced gathering, analyzing and writing system requirements and associated documentation both functional and technical specifications
- Experienced with user acceptance testing methods with practical experience
- Knowledge of data structures, data management practices
- Experience with project coordination, planning and organizing team efforts.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry tools and techniques to elicit, prioritize, organize, document, model, and analyze requirements.
- Organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignments simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to efficiently interact with and influence others
- Excellent Listening, verbal and written communications skills
- Strong ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task
- Proficient with meeting facilitation, mediation and issues resolutions
Technical Experience (preferred)
Experience working projects using agile methodologies
Experience with TFS agile tools.
- 1+ year of experience as a Scrum Master
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS) and minimum two years of related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs and applications.
- In lieu of a degree, minimum of four years related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications may be accepted.
Annual Gainshare bonus based on company performance
401k which includes dollar-for-dollar company match of up to 6% that is 100% vested
Dedication to work/life balance which includes flexible work arrangements
Dynamic culture that encourages engagement, supports Employee Resource Groups, values your input and embraces a relaxed atmosphere
Onsite gym and wellness programs with discounts & rewards
Paid training, tuition assistance and career development.
Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
Healthcare standard benefits (medical, dental, vision)
** Sponsorship is not available for this position. **