Level 1 Liability Adjuster
At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet associate needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a leader in the non-standard auto insurance space and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
The Level I Liability Adjuster is responsible for initial claims handling. Their caseload consists of non-complex coverage and liability exposures. They are to obtain sufficient information in order to determine the exposures for each claim. They should have knowledge of our policy language to establish coverage and or how to proceed with proper denial of both first party and liability coverage issues. They are to determine with each claim potential injury exposure. Obtain the proper information in order to proceed properly with liability and damages.
- Initial contact with insured and claimants to determine coverage and liability exposure.
- To determine any injuries involved in the accident and to develop the exposure. They will handle first call settlement injury claims and minor injury claims.
- Once attorney representation acknowledged, the adjuster is to continue to complete their liability and coverage investigation until concluded unless the exposure is severe at which point the adjuster is to acknowledge and to re-assign the claim to the appropriate level adjuster with completion of the captioned report to outline all aspects of the claim.
- Submit all injury evaluations and payments, in addition to any evaluations and payment authorities over $2500 for comprehensive, collision and property damage coverages to unit supervisor for review and approval.
- They are to maintain current status on diary reviews.
- Maintain a 1:1 closing ratio
- They are to establish the proper reserves and monitor and adjust reserves to potential exposure.
- Meet and maintain general file handling goals and procedures as outlined by the company.
- Control expenses
- Attend any available seminars and classes applicable to this position and the skills required to meet the job duties and responsibilities.
- Continually ask questions and have a desire to develop additional skills in an effort to better investigate and evaluate claims.
Formal Education & Certification
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. License required.
Knowledge & Experience
Minimum 2 years of automobile claims experience required
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrative ease with both verbal and written formats.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- A high degree of motivation and team orientation.
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific associate. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with AssuranceAmerica is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the associate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AssuranceAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer