Assistant to President
FCCI Insurance Group is a trusted provider of comprehensive property & casualty coverage in 19 states. We are a successful and growing organization built on the strength of our guiding principles. Our mission, corporate philosophy and core values are all indicators of the manner in which our employees conduct business every day. FCCI has a reputation for excellence in products, services and employees – and it’s a great place to work!
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Assistant to provide administrative support to the President and CEO. This is a fast-pasted environment and requires a proactive individual that demonstrates a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Act as partner and liaison for the CEO, Board of Directors and other members of the Sr. Leadership Team.
- Proactively manage calendar for the CEO and practice sound judgement for prioritizing executive’s time.
- Actively monitor CEO’s inbox - keeping it organized and flagging high priority items.
- Plan and coordinate meetings including the scheduling of monthly Board meetings, annual Board and Officer off-site meetings, annual holiday party, new teammate meetings, quarterly ‘Coffee with Craig’ meetings.
- Prepare charitable contribution requests for CEO review, selection and approval.
- Arrange travel schedule for CEO and Board members.
- Prepare corporate materials and presentations. This includes Board presentations, Agent meetings, and monthly Board Reports. As well as meeting minutes and Board resolutions.
- Attend internal and external meetings and ensure appropriate action items are documented and critical follow up is executed
- Develop and monitor appropriate business dashboards to highlight issues that merit attention
- Manage department budget and expenses for Executive Office to include payment of invoices.
- Prepare expense and company car mileage reports
- Minimum of eight years’ experience working as an Executive Assistant for a senior leader in a corporate setting
- Advanced knowledge of and proficiency with various PC applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (a skills assessment will be administered).
- Microsoft SharePoint Designer knowledge a plus
- Experience with Concur and PeopleSoft
- Event planning and vendor management
- Previous experience supporting a department in a customer-facing capacity a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information with high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Maintain professionalism with all levels of internal leaders and teammates, outside agents, and vendors
- Excellent time-management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work activities independently from multiple sources
- Excellent keyboard skills (55 wpm)
Apply directly: www.fcci-group.com/careers