Senior Network Administrator
Working with the Network Engineer and IT Infrastructure Management, the role of the Senior Network Administrator is to ensure efficient operation of FCCI's computer networks and to provide quality, service-oriented computer operations support. The Senior Network Administrator monitors and works on moderately complex to complex network systems/issues, to ensure proper usage of company network systems, coordinate software installations, hardware changes or additions, maintain security and profiles, as well as timely communications (both in-house and in the field) as required. Responsibilities include resource management and all phases of the project lifecycle. Working alongside IT colleagues, the selected individual will analyze customer needs, research & evaluate new technologies to meet business purposes. In addition, provides training and technical assistance, while serving as the incident and problem manager for the assigned systems. This position is located in Sarasota, FL at FCCI's Corporate Headquarters.Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of four years of general experience in network applications and administration, troubleshooting, and repair. Plus two years of experience with installing and administrating Windows operating systems, Cisco infrastructure equipment, and virtual server/desktop environments.
- Ability to independently administer a network system based upon standard procedures; quickly troubleshoot issues, identify their origin, and resolve them.
- Working in a team environment, ability to engineer and design effective network solutions;
- Ability to serve as the lead on new project rollouts with support from the Network Supervisor and other IT staff.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems, Active Directory and related applications.
- Advanced working knowledge of Cisco wide/local area network equipment, IOS & Nexus functions.
- Advanced working knowledge of Brocade/Ruckus, SilverPeak SDWAN network equipment.
- Advanced working knowledge of Next Gen firewall technology like Palo Alto and VPN technologies.
- Advanced working knowledge of existing computer products and emerging technological changes.
- Advanced working knowledge of server hardware, software, and related equipment and technologies.
- Advanced working knowledge of virtualization platforms and cloud related technologies (i.e., VMware) ;
- Advanced working knowledge of networking concepts and hardware configurations.
- Advanced working knowledge of Linux operating systems and related applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills to effectively work with IT team and vendor partners.
- Occasional on-call availability, including evening and weekend work to meet deadlines & customer needs.
- Emergency situations may arise in this position that require work during non-business hours with no notice and/or to travel to corporate recovery sites.
- Requires occasional lifting (with or without reasonable accommodations) of computers and related equipment that weighs approximately 40+ pounds.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional, or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - Preferred
Apply directly through our career site: www.fcci-group.com/careers