Liability Adjuster 1
6 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Liability Adjuster 1
The Level 1 Adjuster is responsible for a case load consisting of coverage and liability issues and any claims involving serious injuries.This position requires thorough and complete investigations to gather sufficient information to make informed and knowledgeable coverage and liability decisions. Must also be able to develop exposures and evaluate injury claims fairly and equitably based on the damages as well as the insurance contract and in accordance to company policies and applicable state laws.
Job Duties-Essential Functions
- Investigate and evaluate coverage, liability and damages in handling of all lines of coverage for personal automobile policies.
- Evaluate and negotiate fair and equitable settlements and obtain proper closing documents.
- Maintain proper reserves on all pending claims.
- Maintain current diary on all claims and review and address mail as outlined in departmental goals.
- Maintain a 1:1 closing ratio.
- Control expenses.
- Provide excellent customer service not only to our outside customers but also to other departments within the company.
- Meet and maintain general file handling goals and procedures as outlined by the company.
- Properly utilize PTS system and understand its features and functionality.
- Submit all evaluation and payment authorities over $5000 to Unit Manager for review and approval.
- Attend any available seminars and classes applicable to this position and the skills required to meet the job duties and responsibilities.
- Continually ask questions and gather information and knowledge to learn company procedures as well as state regulations and statutes in an effort to better investigate and evaluate claims.
- Education: Undergraduate college degree preferred, or experience commensurate required
- Ability to red line an auto estimate
- Ability to articulate and execute on basic principles of liability and coverage
- Ability to adjudicate basic soft tissue injury claims
- Current Atlanta adjuster’s license
- At least one - two years of experience in Florida auto claim handling experience - non-standard auto
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- High degree of motivation and team orientation
AssuranceAmerica Managing General Agency, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.