Programmer Analyst / Data Reporting
FCCI Insurance Group is a trusted provider of comprehensive property & casualty coverage in 19 states. We are a successful and growing organization built on the strength of our guiding principles. Our mission, corporate philosophy and core values are all indicators of the manner in which our employees conduct business every day. FCCI has a reputation for excellence in products, services and employees and its a great place to work!
A System Programmer Analyst/Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, and supporting enterprise applications and data integrations, with a primary focus on data quality and extraction for statistical and financial reporting, for all insurance lines of business. This key role is responsible for maintenance and enhancements to increase solution capacity, reliability and quality which includes statistical, regulatory and financial reporting (i.e., state insurance bureaus, NCCI and ISO). Our teammates collaborate with business subject matter experts, to troubleshoot problems and to resolve production issues. For new projects and investments, the Analysts are members of the core team to research, define, and develop data integrations and data extracts and reports to support data calls and FCCIs corporate initiatives.
- For statistical calls, Prepare and file statistical calls as required by its various rating bureaus. Analyze data for validity and accuracy. Implement new statistical requirements as needed to maintain the accuracy of company and bureau premium and loss programs, including edits.
- Support and maintain relational database structures.
- Develop, design, clean, manage, and analyze data and dataflow from multiple sources, providing detailed source-to-target analysis, documentation and data transformation rules.
- Create and maintain ETL and workflow processes in a variety of environments, including Windows, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Vertafore ImageRight, and SAS.
- Respond to compliance inquiries from all stakeholders regarding reported data.
- Attentive to details with analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and solutions is critical.
- Design and develop solutions to resolve defects and production problems, including the ability to document, communicate and share specifications for solutions
- Unit Test development code and solutions, and migrate code through testing environments
- Demonstrate ownership and timely responses to production problems and business unit inquiries.
- Maintains an enthusiastic and positive approach to challenges. Challenges the status quo and contributes to change. Stretches themselves and others to move things forward.
- Works effectively under pressure. Skilled at handling a variety of assignments simultaneously. Flexibility and willingness to work at a rapid pace in strict time frames.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Relevant, progressively responsible work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education/exams.
- Minimum two years experience in systems analyst, development and support of integration solutions, including real-time integrations, batch file integrations, and EDI integrations. (Additional experience a plus)
- Experience with ETL tools, Java development or other programming language
- Experience with regulatory & compliance statistical reporting
- Experience with Oracle DB, MS SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, or other database technology
- Experience with Oracle PL/SQL to develop and maintain relational database structures
EOE/Drug free workplace