Advisor, Small Business
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community.
This is a fast paced, pleasant environment that allows you to showcase your positive attitude, your multi-tasking, and prioritization skills. While you are a team player, you will also work independently.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Contact prospects for the purpose of providing a quote and making sales appointments.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including loss history.
- Work closely with company underwriters in negotiating sales and service related items on behalf of the client.
- Cross-sell and round out existing accounts within assigned Book of Business.
- Determine premiums, prepare and present proposals to clients.
- Prepare coverage comparisons as needed.
- Issue binders, extensions and certificates as needed with assistance from CSR.
- Maintain all underwriting, marketing, applications, and other information essential for documentation purposes.
- Review incoming mail, route appropriate items to CSR for processing and prioritize daily workflow.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to other departments.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
- Florida 220 License;
- Bachelor's degree or 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required;
- Experience dealing with multiple insurance carriers;
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System beneficial;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, use hand and fingers, read, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and reach with hands and arms. Must life and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level ranges from low to moderate.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: If regular travel is required, must carry a minimum of $100,000/300,000 Bodily Injury Liability and $50,000 Property Damage Limits on a personal auto policy.
REPORTS TO: Commercial Lines Department Manager
POSITION TYPE: Non-exempt
OTHER: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK AT W3:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid continuing education
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
Proud to be a EOE DFWP SFWP