Accountant - Senior Staff Accountant
Senior Staff Accountant
Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. Our current corporate staff of 44 tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders. This position is in our new state-of-the-art building in Sarasota, Florida.
The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparation of accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals and logs. The successful candidate will perform monthly bank reconciliations, prepare accounting reports and documentation, process accounting transactions and assist in any assigned accounting function.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Senior Staff Accountant will Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals and logs.
- Senior Staff Accountant will Execute or support transaction processing activities such as accounts payable to ensure accurate and timely processing and reporting of transactions.
- Senior Staff Accountant will Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Senior Staff Accountant will Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Senior Staff Accountant will Prepare reports detailing monthly expenses by cost center.
- Senior Staff Accountant will Analyze corporate expenses, including comparisons to forecasted results and trended results.
- Senior Staff Accountant will Provide detailed analyses and explanation of transactions.
- Senior Staff Accountant will Prepare documentation for external auditors.
- Senior Staff Accountant will Reconcile and report on intercompany balances.
- Senior Staff Accountant will Assist in the preparation of company budgets and forecast results.
- Senior Staff Accountant will Follow company established accounting processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5 to 7 years corporate accounting experience working with GAAP and general ledger systems
- 3 to 5 years Insurance Industry and Statutory Accounting experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information; solving problems with math.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Teamwork – Able to work professionally and productively as a member of a team to accomplish assignments.
- Workflow - High attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Communication – Ability to read and understand technical forms and financial reports; ability to write and present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Computer Applications – Proficiency with general ledger systems and Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
- Intermediate or better skill level in Excel is a must
The physical demands are classified as Light:
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; and talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand; walk safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaced; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to handle stressful deadlines
- Must have sufficient vision to navigate required computer programs
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package
- 90% company paid benefit-rich Health Coverage
- 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid time off
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- 16 hours of Community Volunteer time
- Professional Development
- Corporate events
- Wellness Program with Fitness Reimbursement program
- Business Casual Dress code
Centauri is in beautiful Sarasota, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Successful candidate will reside in the Sarasota/Bradenton community.
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.