Senior Commercial Insurance Underwriter - Coastal Property
About the Role
The Commercial Insurance Underwriter- Coastal Property opening is a great opportunity to step into a Managing General Agency’s fastest growing division at a senior level. The underwriting team is based in Tampa. You can be located there or the company will consider work-at-home, remote arrangements provided you match the required experience. Duties & Responsibilities
- Underwriting commercial coastal property risks in 16 states, the company looks for your experienced rated approach to E&S risk analysis.
- Internally: Assist junior staff members with assessing and reviewing submissions; providing mentoring on relationship building with carriers and brokers.
- Externally: This is a desk underwriting position. Support production underwriters in the field with new and renewal account management. Form close relationships with key markets throughout the company’s Southeast & East Coast footprint.
Skills & Experiences
Senior level underwriting experience requires the following qualifications:
- Commercial property underwriting AND pricing experience with coastal risks
- Excess & Surplus Lines underwriting
- Use of pricing models for CAT exposure
- Florida based property and casualty Managing General Agency
- Will consider underwriting backgrounds with an insurance company or similar wholesale broker/MGA
- More than just ‘plug & play’ understanding behind the methodology of underwriting and pricing for coastal property risks (wind, CAT, etc.)
- Location: Tampa or work-from-home/remote
Compensation & Perks
$85k-$90k target salary + quarterly bonus incentives