The General Counsel provides strategic and procedural legal advice, with a focus on insurance operations, underwriting, product, and regulatory compliance. Reviews and evaluates the legal risks, including current and proposed business strategies, regulatory issues, corporate governance, high level transactions, and other legal and compliance matters as needed.
- Provides insurance-related legal advice, strategies, and solutions, to business unit leaders;
- Acts as regulatory counsel; assists in the development and drafting of policies, procedures and forms required to meet regulatory standards, and works to resolve regulatory inquiries, investigations and adversarial proceedings;
- Develop compliance monitoring procedures and direct compliance analyst and prepare and present quarterly monitoring reports to senior management;
- Conducts analysis and advises on potential business impact of proposed and enacted statutes as well as proposed and adopted regulation;
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates & interprets contracts and agreements, proposed legislation, reinsurance, company regulations, policy forms, filings, and manuals;
- Performs research & analysis in areas of law and policy;
- Remains current on all relevant laws, amendments, and their interpretations and application;
- Interfaces and collaborates with regulatory agencies, such as DFS and OIR, and key industry organizations;
- J.D. degree and admission to the Florida Bar is preferred
- At least Ten years of relevant experience, including 6+ years within the Property and Casualty industry.