ATSV-Test Engineer-Sr Cons II
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
In an agile/scrum environment, may:
- Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.).
- Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and development activities prepared to take on any role within the Agile team
- Participate in Sprint planning and release planning
- Participate in backlog refinement
- Define acceptance criteria when stories are created
For activities related to Test Management, may:
- Decompose business requirements to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and automated test scripts for medium to high complexity projects
- Define, review and develop testing strategy for medium to high complexity projects
- Support, design, development and implementation of medium complexity modifications to automation architecture and functional, mobile, performance or web services framework
- Provide input into automation techniques, carrying out POC and other analysis
- Execute cases within the Functional, Mobile, Performance or Web Services Automation framework
Key Responsibilites (Cont'd)
- Create test data and identify environment needs for medium to high complexity projects
- Understand and provide oversight on the test infrastructure
- Create and maintain an environment where a Test Driven Development behavior is fostered
- Create automated scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Collaborate with external environment team members to troubleshoot issues and find environment needs and constraints
- Possess technical competency to interact with application developers to ensure software quality
2+ years of manual & automation testing experience of N-tier applications
- 3+ years of experience with SDLC
- 1+ years of experience with Agile Scrum
- 1+ years of software development experience (Java preferred)
- 2+ years of Test Automation Development experience with open source and market-leading vended solutions creating functional, regression, or performance tests
- 1+ years of Relational Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation are essential
Job Qualifications (Cont'd)
- Experience with testing Web Services
Leverages Agile/Scrum-enabling test execution tools. Experience with the following tools:
- Agile Planning tool (e.g. JIRA)
- Functional Test Automation (e.g. Selenium WebDriver, UFT)
- Mobile Test Automation (e.g. Perfecto Mobile, Appium)
- Web Service Testing Tools (e.g. CA LISA, SoapUI, other WS tools)
- Performance Testing Tools (e.g. Performance Center, Jmeter)
- Relational Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
- Defect Management (e.g. HP Quality Center)
- Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
- IDE (e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode, Android Studio)
- Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment