Client Service Representative, Small Business Unit
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community.
This is a fast paced, pleasant environment that allows you to showcase your positive attitude, your multi-tasking, and prioritization skills. While you're a team player, you will also work independently.
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Process incoming mail in your electronic inbox.
- Assist with issuing binders, extensions, certificates, auto identification cards, and other proofs of coverage.
- Process endorsement requests and endorsements and send follow up requests to carriers.
- Input transactions in billing system to generate invoices.
- Process confirmed cancellations and audits as well as reinstatements.
- Input and update Acord applications in system as directed.
- Assist with policy rating and process changes on carrier websites.
- Check carrier communication logs and process as needed.
- Checks policies for accuracy in rating and typing and assure they are issued as requested and conform to application and proposal.
- Prepare policy books for large clients.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to other departments.
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Monitor personal continuing education requirements to ensure compliance with licensing requirements. Attend classes as necessary.
- Be familiar with and follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Florida 4-40 or 2-20 License Required
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience dealing with multiple insurance carriers
- Knowledge of Applied "EPIC" Agency Management System beneficial
- Proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel
Physical Demands:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, use hand and fingers, read, speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and reach with hands and arms. Must life and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
Reports To: Commercial Lines Department Manager
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Other: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Great Reasons to Work at W3:
- Competitive compensation plan;
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability;
- Paid Time Off;
- Paid Holidays;
- 401(k) with employer match;
- Paid Continuing Education;
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual.
Proud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP.