This is the perfect position for an aspiring Product Analyst, who has been working in with homeowner’s personal lines in coastal States, or a Product Manager with 1-year homeowner’s personal lines (coastal States) experience, who is ready to take the next career step.
Centauri Specialty Insurance is a growing property and casualty insurance carrier with a ton of positive energy regarding the future of our organization. Our current staff of 40 tenacious professionals work together to solve problems to create effective products that meet the needs of our policyholders. This position is in our new state-of-the-art building in Sarasota, Florida.
The Product Manager I is a crucial role within the Product Department. This key function will assist us in developing our strategies moving forward. The Product Manager I is responsible for developing and maintaining products that are marketable, meet the needs of our agents/insureds, are profitable, and allow for continued growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Researches and develops products, including rate manuals, forms, and underwriting manuals.
- Researches and assesses how Centauri compares to competitors and to the overall market and makes recommendations to improve position.
- Reviews, evaluates, enhances, and refines products.
- Leads the rate review process, including preparing the filings and state required supporting documents, serving as liaison to the Departments of Insurance, and providing guidance to systems.
- Implements new state programs and products to support corporate goals.
- Shares product expertise with members of the Centauri team, as well as with partners, agents and others as needed.
- Project management including planning, business requirements, timeliness, and quality.
- Coordinate development and execution of test plans and defect tracking.
- Responds to questions by other departments related to rates, product features and underwriting guidelines.
- Contributes to development of training materials and presentations.
Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university preferred.
Licenses/Designations: CPCU or testing toward CPCU preferred.
Successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ as a Product Analyst with personal lines property experience including preparation and submission of filings to Departments of Insurance.
- (1) year experience as a Product Manager with personal lines property experience, preferred.
Knowledge: A demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of trends in personal lines property products and rates. Experience in the creation and development of new products; a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally with individuals and groups.
- Effective listening, oral and written communication skills necessary for inter-departmental collaboration, compliance, presentations and project management.
- Adaptability and Flexibility.
- Dependability and excellent time management skills.
- Highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to make decisions and establish priorities.
- Ability to organize and deal with a variety of situations, discern problems and recommend/implement resolutions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must. Ability to use custom and applicable software preferred.
- Physical demands for this position are Light with a moderate stress level. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What We Offer You:
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Generous health insurance package
- 90% company paid benefit-rich Health Coverage
- 100% company paid Dental, Vision, Disability and Life coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid time off
- 11 Holidays
- 12 days of sick
- 18 days of vacation annually
- 16 hours of Community Volunteer time
- Corporate events
- Wellness Program with Fitness Reimbursement program
- Actuarial Development Bonus Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Business Casual Dress code
Centauri is in beautiful Sarasota, on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Sarasota offers a variety of outdoor activities like fishing, sailing, swimming, kayaking, biking, golfing and running throughout the year. Cultural amenities with museums and art galleries and a collection of unique restaurants provide experiences to interest everyone. Sarasota offers a strong economy with great schools, a variety of churches and family friendly parks and community activities. Florida has NO State Taxes!
Please note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.