Associate Predictive Modeler
Join our predictive modeling team. The Associate Predictive Modeler will perform hands-on predictive modeling and in-depth analysis to guide and support strategic business decisions as FCCI continues to grow within our markets. In this role, you will perform financial and business modeling to contribute to operational and financial decisions. The selected individual will develop and apply complex predictive models using multiple statistical techniques, applying advanced quantitative techniques, as well as develop new tools and methods to enhance model results. Position is located in Sarasota, Florida at our Corporate Headquarters.Job Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, or a quantitative Business discipline; Masters preferred.
- Two years relevant experience in Modeling/Statistics/Actuarial Analysis/Finance/Operations within the Property and Casualty environment.
- Solid working knowledge of statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, generalized linear models, data visualization, tree models, cluster analysis, principal components and feature creation.
- Solid working knowledge of SAS and/or R statistical tools and/or other relevant packages for data management and statistical analysis. Experience with Python a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of the P&C industry, including financial statements (GAAP & STAT)
- Intermediate programming skills in SAS programming and at least one other language.
- Ability to utilize the full spectrum of analytical techniques (predictive modeling, simulation, linear programming, cluster analysis, forecasting, etc.) to answer financial, strategic, and operational business questions.
- Ability to communicate findings and implications of quantitative studies and analysis with confidence to all levels, including the board of directors.
- CPCU designation or actuarial exams a plus