Claims Adjuster – Technical Specialist
Things We Value:
- Acting with the highest level of honesty, trust, character and transparency.
- Making a unified effort to achieve the goals of the organization; embracing accountability for exceptional performance every day.
- Commitment to excellence in reaching our full potential as individuals and as an organization, exceeding the ordinary and the expectations of our partners.
- Approaching every challenge with creative energy, discovering unrivaled solutions to maximize success; focus on creating and delivering compelling customer value.
- Belief in the power of a diverse workforce and in creating a positive impact on both the environment and our community.
Who You Are/What You'll Do:
You are analytical, and love details. You are and independent worker and learn quickly. In this role, you will investigate and evaluate coverage, liability, and damages on assigned claims, resolve appropriate reserves and settlement values, and resolve claims on merits. Claims inventory complexity will range from complex high exposure claims and files in litigation.
If necessary, you'll present claims to senior management at quarterly Claims Advisory meeting and update spreadsheets when needed. Prepare appropriate reinsurance reports and timely updates. Participate in claim audits and other special projects as assigned. The Technical Specialist will demonstrate both commercial and personal lines expertise.
Day to Day:
- Investigate and evaluate coverage, liability and damages on assigned claims and conclude appropriate reserves and settlement value in accordance with standard practice guidelines including quality, cycle time and insured contact. Direct defense counsel toward most appropriate resolution and attend mediations and trials, as necessary. Govern legal expenses and other expenses.
- Deliver exceptional customer service through professional communication including telephone, email and written correspondence.
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise specific in the areas handled. Provide mentoring to claim representatives as needed.
- Attend mediation and trials as required.
- Prepare written reports on a timely basis for Claims Advisory and Reinsurance.
Who You'll Supervise:
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
What's it Like Here?
We are a melting pot of people and we cultivate winners. Each of our team members recognize their role in the customer journey from beginning to end, building connections along the way. Our culture isn’t just about the color on the walls or company picnics. We are filled with passionate and innovative people who foster one another’s energy and successes. We are more than just 8 to 5. The relationships we build with each other, our clients and customers go beyond punching the clock.
In addition to being a phenomenal place to work, we value our team members and provide competitive pay, benefits, 401K, excellent PTO, training and development as well as tuition reimbursement!
While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to talk or hear in order to communicate with clients and coworkers. You would also be required to see in order to inspect documents/spreadsheets for accuracy. This role involves frequently to standing, walking, utilizing hands to handle or feel, and reaching with hands and arms in order to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position and hours can increase during times of increased volume and catastrophes. Flexible work schedule within hours of operation to service our customers. Must be able to work additional hours if needed or required.
Between 10-20% travel is expected for attending mediations and trials when needed.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree, equivalent experience, or industry designation equivalent such as AIC, CPCU, etc.
3-5 years Homeowners and Commercial claim handling experience .
Preferred Education and Experience
5 years of experience as a Technical Specialist.
Other industry designations such as AIC, CPCU, Claims Law
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Please be authorized to work in the United States.