4 days left
RT Specialty, a division of Ryan Specialty Group is looking for an Underwriter Assistant to join our Tampa, FL office. We are a fast paced, energetic and rapidly growing organization that offers a great opportunity for someone interested in further developing their career.
The RT Underwriter Assistant is focused on the processing of insurance quotes through binding with minimal supervision from the Underwriter. At the Underwriters direction, the Underwriting Assistant is expected to process submissions with appropriate information and prepare the quote proposal for the agent, reaching out to the agent as needed for supporting documentation.The Underwriting Assistant ensures quote and binder documentation to be delivered to the agent is correct and of quality. In addition, the role reviews requests for changes in policies; and either collaborates or drives the process to evaluate acceptance, declination or modification.
- May be required to hold the appropriate licenses for all marketing jurisdictions.
- Assists Underwriter with renewal solicitation and renewal quotes.
- Assists with new business submission with directions from Underwriter to prepare and market to carrier.
- Review carrier underwriting manuals to make sure risk fit, enter all appropriate information into carrier quoting system to generate a quote.
- Enter all appropriate information into AIM system to prepare a quote and present a proposal to the agent.
- Ensures data integrity.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Set AIM suspenses to order inspection report and/or subjectivities to Technical Assistant.
- Prepare the binder, stamp with state specific stamping (if applicable), print the invoice and package with the binder to the agent.
- Participates in relationship management of the agent.
- Issue policies for carriers supplying online issuance capability, check for accuracy and quality and send to the agent. Send supporting documentation to the carrier.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Insurance experience in underwriting with excess and surplus lines preferred.
- Technologically savvy and data driven.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a highly automated, paperless environment, including specialized software packages.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office Suite. Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication, and interpret abstract information.
- Must obtain a Property, Casualty Agents license within a designated time period if not currently licensed.
- Knowledge of insurance products and usages.
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
Ryan Specialty Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer