At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet associate needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a leader in the non-standard auto insurance space and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
Investigate and adjust PIP claims of moderate complexity through their conclusion. The PIP adjuster will investigate coverage, medically manage files, pay medical bill as warranted and identify potential fraud indicators. This is inclusive of both PIP and Medpay claims.
- Complete initial and ongoing contact with insureds, medical providers and attorneys.
- Obtain recorded statements as warranted.
- Review and analyze policy language, case law and statutes and apply to claims handling.
- Complete accurate coverage investigations to proper resolution.
- Coordinate Independent Medical Examinations as warranted.
- Establish proper reserves in accordance with company reserving guidelines.
- Identify potential fraud indicators and work closely with Special Investigations Unit when appropriate.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment while maintaining accurate and detailed file handling.
Formal Education & Certification
Bachelors Degree preferred. Must have an active Florida Adjuster’s License.
Knowledge & Experience
- 2 years or more of handling PIP claims.
Skills & Competencies
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A high degree of motivation and team orientation.
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific associate. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with AssuranceAmerica is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the associate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AssuranceAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer