IT Application Support Engineer
FCCI Insurance Group is a trusted provider of comprehensive property & casualty coverage in 19 states. We are a successful and growing organization built on the strength of our guiding principles. Our mission, corporate philosophy and core values are all indicators of the manner in which our employees conduct business every day. FCCI has a reputation for excellence in products, services and employees and its a great place to work!
FCCI is seeking an IT Application Support Engineer to join our dynamic IT organization. In this production support / change management role, you will handle, monitor and resolve complex application and system issues that arise across our business. Work with a team of business leaders, developers, architects, business analysts, and quality assurance analysts to triage and find solutions to application system related issues in a timely manner. As a key component of your role, you will be able to identify potential issues in design, development or changes to application, product or platform, to remedy and/or submit to the correct party for escalated solution. In addition, the selected individual will be responsible for the ticketed query system and ensure comprehensive database of queries and resolutions are kept up to date.Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in IT, Computing Studies, or Information Systems
- Four years experience using Policy Decisions required. Preferred background in the Insurance Industry and using vendor packages such as Insurity or Guidewire. (Experience with Guidewire Claim Center and UM, Majesco Billing beneficial.)
- Ability to use SQL statements to query databases, run reports and make perform system updates;
- Extraordinary customer service and relationship management skills; as well as preference for working in a highly collaborative work culture.
- Extensive experience working for a product based client and handling demands of end client and fulfilling them.
- Solid working knowledge of portfolio wise RCA including identifying and implementing action items, generation and presentation of Metrics to the client. Management of the end client working as onsite lead/coordinator.
- Solid working knowledge of new Industry trends like Big Data testing, Agile Framework, TDD, SOA etc.
- Solid working knowledge of all phases of Software Testing Lifecycle with expertise in the Integration and Functional, User Interface, Regression testing and Smoke Testing, Microsoft SQL server.
- Solid working knowledge of Code and Deployment management with tools like Jenkins or other build deployment tools.
- Strong understanding of triage;
- Ability to manage multiple high-level tasks under pressure in a very dynamic environment.
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and delivering a quality product.
- Ability to explain complex ideas to those with limited IT and systems knowledge.
EOE/Drug free workplace