Agribusiness Commercial Lines Underwriter Trainee
FCCI Insurance Group, a leading provider of commercial property & casualty insurance, is expanding in your area. If you want to be a part of our exciting growth and a company thats been steadily gaining momentum for more than 50 years join our ranks and see why our customers and employees love us. FCCI has opportunities for you to build a rewarding career with a stable company that values ethics and integrity. Be part of our success, apply today!
We are currently seeking an Agribusiness Commercial Lines Underwriter Trainee in our Florida Regional Office, which is a developmental position. The selected candidate will learn the fundamental principles of underwriting agribusiness/farm commercial lines insurance. This individual will gain an understanding of the underwriting thought process and learn to utilize underwriting guidelines, procedures, rating manual rules and insurance laws/regulations. The Trainee will participate in an extensive training program involving classroom instruction and self-study combined with on-the-job shadowing that will provide the opportunity to learn the business. Upon successful mastery, the underwriter trainee will evaluate existing and new accounts and make underwriting recommendations within limited authority on assignments of moderate technical complexity. This position will be located in our corporate office in Sarasota, FL.
FCCI provides competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- 401(k), employer match, and profit sharing plan
- Generous paid time off programs plus eleven paid holidays per year
- Bonus programs
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college
- (Note: Relevant, progressively responsible work experience may be substituted on a year for year basis)
- Basic knowledge of underwriting and the insurance industry theories and practices
- Computer proficiency MS Office products, applicable FCCI systems.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Develops and maintains positive and effective working relationships
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities
Please apply via our website at www.fcci-group.com.
EOE / Drug Free Workplace