Associate Manager of Continuous Improvement
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager will be accountable for creating and executing on a roadmap of continuous improvement to increase the maturity of various Scrum Teams, auxiliary engineering support, Continuous Delivery, Go-to-Market, and product leadership for two or more product teams. The CI Manager will be accountable for the execution of the roadmap, measurements of success/failures, definition of ready, and definitions of done. This is a highly collaborative role, with the majority of teams or individuals needed to deliver on the measured improvements reporting to leaders or organizations outside of the CI Managers direct span of control.
The Continuous Improvement Manager will also be the organizational point person to the enterprise wide Common Tools adoption/maturation initiative.
Leadership without Direct Influence
- Able to align matrix resources to execute on a common goal of maturity.
- An active leader in the Agile Community
- Understands Agile metrics to influence roadmap on highest priority for maturation
- Able to explain Agile Metrics to Senior Leadership and tell the story of what the data is saying
- Able to create new measurements to solve business or people problems
- Understanding of pipelines/models/tools for CICD
- Clears roadblocks and leads Build Engineers in CICD maturity
Builds long-term relationships within team by creating an environment of safety and innovation
- Champions open and honest communication
- Respects confidentiality
- Leads with integrity
- Welcomes new ideas, learns from successes and failures
Creates an environment of accountability amongst themselves and direct reports
- Sets clear performance objectives for self and staff allowing freedom to accomplish objectives
- Collects staff performance data against desired outcomes and service level agreements
- Executes HR-related processes and develops staff through coaching and mentoring and providing specific, timely, open, honest, and constructive performance feedback.
- Leads employees through change by using ones self as an example.
General Management & Decision Making
- Executes team strategy so as to develop and deliver innovative solutions and systems in support of Enterprise goals. Communicates strategy to the team so they understand their role in achieving the established goals.
- Manages day to day work of employees by monitoring budgets, expenses and scope and facilitating project delivery and support for projects of critical importance.
- Makes decisions that are largely operational in nature, implementing policies and processes within the team. Makes decisions that may have an impact on quality or effectiveness of business activities at the team level.
- Generates and implements continuous improvement ideas.
- Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and contributes to Allstate business and functional strategy.
- Prior experience working in a team oriented collaborative environment
- Agile (Scrum) experience or Agile Coaching Experience
- Metric and statistical modeling experience
- Engineering or Product Management experience preferred
- Education Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.