Claims Manager - Commercial General Liability | Tampa, FL
Insurance Placement Solutions has an immediate opening for a General Liability Claims Manager with our client in their Tampa, FL location.
The General Liability Claims Manager is responsible for the day to day management of General Liability Claims including the training and development of the claim representatives and directing outside vendors in order to achieve department and company goals. He or she will ensure consistent delivery of quality services, be responsible for staffing and training needs and for budget preparation and profit and loss management.
General Liability Claims Manager Responsibilities
- Provide direction and oversight to the General Liability Claim Reps and Operations on the proper handling, reserving, claims resolution/settlement and escalation to the carrier and overall management of guest incidents and general liability claims.
- Provide direction and oversight to insurance carriers and claims consultants as reserves are set, claim summaries are prepared and key issues addressed from the outset (ie. denial of claims, litigation avoidance)
- Provide direction and input on quarterly Claim File reviews with TPA’s. Establish criteria used to select files, attend file reviews and guide the team in reaching an agreed upon action plan for claim resolution.
- Partner with Operations to mitigate losses by correcting issues and preventing reoccurrence of similar incidents.
- Report and manage using outside vendors on large loss reserves that have an impact on claims management and ultimate loss reserves.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly Management Reports
- Identify claim loss trends and design, develop and implement programs to mitigate such losses.
- 5+ years claims management experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About Insurance Placement
IPS is an insurance staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to the insurance industry, including general liability claims jobs in the Tampa, FL area. Our services are designed to be a resource for clients to gain access to high caliber talent. Many of our clients do not have the dedicated manpower to quickly fill their temporary, temporary to hire or direct hire vacancies. That is where we come in. Our clients are able to utilize our services to maintain business-as-usual during unforeseen interruptions and fluctuating business needs. Plus, our candidates benefit from gaining backdoor access to highly sought after positions with top companies in the industry.