Medicare Sales Training Specialist
As a Trainer within the Sales department of National General Insurance and it's accident and health companies, you are responsible for providing training, support and guidance to 1099 agents. In this role, you will be required to deliver training in-person and virtually with a focus around Medicare product knowledge and salesmanship. You will also work to develop, coordinate and/or facilitate sessions with various groups of people to provide timely and relevant training sessions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Train 1099 agents on skills such as systems, Medicare, processing, underwriting, salesmanship, billing, procedures, etc.
- Utilize a variety of the training methodologies, techniques, concepts, learning tools and practices to ensure learning maximum effectiveness of training program
- Monitor 1099 agents progress during and after training, and for providing feedback
- Develop materials for eLearning and in-person sessions, including updates as needed to drive adoption and understanding.
- Assist with research and development of technical training classes as well as monitoring trends in performance to determine training needs
- Developing in-house subject matter certification programs, rewards and recognition.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the training manual
- Conducts needs assessments within the organization to provide input on new class needs and improvements of classes
- Stay up to date with any changes in the company
- Act as a resource around all products and their use
- Build and manage relationships with sales leaders and team members, as well as manage cross-functional relationships with other internal departments
- Contact and schedule internal and external vendors for specialized training
- Complete other duties, as assigned
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years Training experience, preferably in a sales environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales training programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Experience with audio/visual editing software is a plus
- Works well under pressure, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to function both independently and as part of a team in a multi-task environment
- Ability to travel as requested
- Prior sales experience