Under direct supervision, performs a variety of claim clerical support duties for the Claim Department
- Matches proper file and/or claim number on unidentified correspondence by use of the various automated systems for mail delivered by USPS/ACS/Unmatched mail queue in ODM.
- Types a variety of material such as letters, benefit notices, or memorandums for medical appointment, attorneys, or external clients.
- Performs control operator functions for various Service Center or Claim Office data systems.
- Retrieves and/or re-files items from central storage facility and maintains accurate records of file activity.
- Receives dock and messenger service deliveries and verifies accuracy of delivered material.
- Prepares outgoing mail for shipment which includes the necessary attachments, wrapping, and sealing. This will include shipping/receiving computer equipment.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties such as answering telephones, taking messages, dispersing faxes, making payments, sort/preparing files, and data entry.
- Assists in updating jurisdictional notices and manuals used in the office.
- Pulls files from storage for in-house state audits.
- Prepares files in electronic form for state audits (payment history, file notes, and gathering medical reports).
- Contacts agents and insured on routine claims to obtain coverage information or obtains through the various systems.
- Issues payments, requests wage information for the adjusters, orders surveillance, and completes medical calls to obtain the current work status.
- Schedules medical appointments and sends all appropriate correspondence relating to that appointment.
- Performs other related work as required or requested.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct
Must demonstrate basic knowledge of computer operations and of claim file systems and procedures.
2 yrs administrative experience preferred but not required.
High school diploma or GED; or the equivalent in related work experience.
Proficient in the Microsoft suite of products and like systems.
Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment
Must be flexible, adaptable, and have excellent multi-tasking skills
Must be technically proficient.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
Think all TPAs are the same? Think again. With Broadspire, our leading global third-party administrator (TPA), Crawford & Company is the consultative outsourcing partner that adapts to businesses needs and challenges at any point of the claims processing journey. We offer casualty claim and medical management services to assist large organizations in achieving their unique goals, increasing employee productivity and reducing the cost of risk through professional expertise, technology and data analytics.
As part of the One Crawford family, Broadspire brings together the best and brightest people in the industry to deliver smart, thoughtful solutions to our clients, and we are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset thats inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example at work and in our communities. We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages, reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in mission, vision and values. Learn more at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.