Senior Internal Auditor - IT & Operations
FCCI Insurance Group continues to expand. We are currently seeking a Senior Internal Auditor for this exciting hybrid role requiring expertise in IT audit methodologies, combined with a strong risk-based internal audit background. The selected individual will also drive the Data Analytics program for FCCIs growing Internal Audit unit.
Join our team to lead and perform IT audits and reviews to assess the adequacy of the information systems control environment across our IT programs, operating systems and platforms. In addition, the individual will conduct audits and assessments of the business operations, activities, and internal controls of FCCI to recommend system and process improvements.
Utilize your skills and talent to develop audit scopes and comprehensive work programs, evaluate risks, determine appropriate, effective testing techniques, and perform tests of controls. Additional responsibilities include the preparation and presentation of audit reports, conducting exit interviews, and performing follow-up audits.
As the champion for the use of analytical solutions, you will work with the Internal Audit team to develop and implement an Audit Data Analytics Methodology. Responsibilities will include creating and documenting the process, providing training, assisting with audit scoping and data extraction for other audit teammates and management, and taking a lead role in identifying new data analytics strategies.
This position will be based in our Corporate Headquarters located in Sarasota, FL.Education & Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology (or equivalent)
- Minimum five (5) years of internal audit, IT, public accounting/audit or data analytics experience
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)/CIA (Certified Internal Auditor)/CPA (Certified Public Accountant) required (or ability to obtain within one year of hire)
- Experience with or exposure to one or more data analytics tools in a working environment.
- Experience using database querying tools and ability to write complex queries and procedures using SQL
- Solid working knowledge of IT general controls and IT application controls;
- Solid working knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards, practices and techniques;
- Understanding of general business workflows and IT terminology (prior insurance experience helpful)
- Solid working knowledge of internal control frameworks, such as COBIT, and process mapping
- Excellent written and verbal communication to express concepts clearly and professionally
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships via a facilitative communication style, as well as provide constructive responses to auditee needs
- Ability to clearly and concisely summarize and present information to various audiences
- Ability to translate technical jargon into business related language for training and explanation
- Ability to address conflict and maintain an appropriate level of independence and objectivity
- Ability to create and present summary information and reports to senior and executive level management as needed
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking skills and analytical abilities
- Experience implementing an audit analytics program or automation
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
EOE/Drug free workplace