Associate Customer Service Representative - Tampa
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Under moderate supervision, provides timely, accurate and responsive information and service to policyholders and agents for limited Personal lines products, plans and programs. May independently solve problems of limited scope and complexity. Identifies, analyzes, and owns customer policy needs to ensure high customer satisfaction, growth and retention of business.
Unlicensed Professional Training Class Start Date:
Monday, May 13, 2019
Licensed Professional Training Start Date:
Tuesday, May 28, 2019
The paid training is Monday - Friday between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm for 6 to 8 weeks. After training is completed, shifts will start between the hours of 1:30pm and 2:00 pm. One weekend day (Saturday or Sunday) will be required with an alternate day off mid-week.
Weekend shift starting times typically vary between 11:30 am and 12:00 pm.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include nights and weekends.
- Provides excellent customer service by responding promptly to all inbound customer calls regarding personal lines policies, limited by geographic area and line.
- Builds rapport with each customer. Listens to customers' requests and inquiries. Works to retain policyholders who inquire about canceling through open listening, policy review of customer issues, and escalation to the appropriate team if necessary.
- Processes policyholder transactions accurately and within Customer Response Center established time standards.
- Interprets policy contracts to insured based on knowledge of Personal Insurance auto products. Identifies, understands and interprets customer needs to implement resolutions and makes recommendations for coverage enhancements. For features or products outside of auto, escalates the policyholder to the appropriate team.
- Understands aspects of billing systems as it pertains to policy coverage. Identifies and communicates transactions and impact to policy premium. Evaluates and makes decisions regarding exceptions to payment plan and fees. Makes alternate payment arrangements with customers and interacts with billing system to reflect arrangements. Places policy in follow-up and ensures adherence to arrangements specified.
- Manages and utilizes time effectively to ensure department meets required service levels for improved customer satisfaction results.
- Utilizes on-line reference materials to provide confident, accurate, and efficient information. Develops and maintains product, procedural and technical systems knowledge. Completes licensing and continuing education requirements.
- Utilizes technical systems, effectively and efficiently, including desktop, call center specific phone systems and the internet.
- Supports and participates in office or department programs and contests.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in a business related field or a minimum of 6 months related work experience is required.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Ability to review, record and organize written data from a variety of sources with no prescribed format is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Personal Lines producer insurance licenses required upon hiring and training.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.