Regional Business Communication Senior Consultant
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Regional Corporate Relations plans, develops and executes communication strategies designed to enhance the reputation of the company, increase awareness for Allstates regional business strategy and foster our purpose-driven culture among employees. Employees in this job family focus on engaging and aligning regional stakeholders on the strategy and tactics needed to support the business objectives of Allstate, protect our corporate reputation and drive consideration by highlighting agency owners local presence.
A Corporate Relations Regional Senior Consultant completes project work, develops communication strategies with guidance, and implements plans for the Corporation and the region, as assigned. The outcomes of their work are focused on improving the internal and external reputation of Allstate across the region by building relationships, reinforcing key messages and producing a favorable business environment with key shareholders including the media; community, political and regulatory leaders; customers and engaged consumers; and Allstate agency owners and employees.
- 3 to 5 years in a communications role
- Insurance and financial services business acumen preferred
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field
- Business Acumen: Demonstrates knowledge of Allstates organization, policies and procedures in order to apply understanding to communication efforts developed as part of the functions responsibilities. Demonstrates knowledge of the insurance and financial services industry and provides information to junior employees.
- Writing: Knowledge and application of the Associated Press Style Guide and Allstate Brand Voice in order to prepare communications for a variety of vehicles and stakeholders. Develops error-free basic and complex written communications that meet requirements/needs and demonstrates consistent correct usage of grammar and punctuation. Successfully copy edits CR team members and other regional partners communications. Counsels regional partners on effective business writing.
- Creative Thinking: Generates innovative solutions to address client / company issues, presents solutions clearly, enhances existing ideas to maximize opportunities for clients, and supports a creative, innovative environment.
- Counseling: Experience identifying communication challenges and opportunities, and recommending educated solutions to clients; proposes and probes implications of alternative strategies.
- Client Interaction: Serves as a liaison between client or external stakeholder and department. Maintains balance between client interests and company interests.
- Team Skills: Creates cooperative atmosphere to foster teamwork; helps facilitate conversations so all points of view are considered; puts work, team or organizational goals ahead of individual issues; begins to exhibit leadership skills and maintains diplomacy in pressure or conflict situations; where applicable, serves a primary lead managing an internship program.
Project Management: Develops work plans to organize into tasks, sequences activities to achieve maximum efficiency, estimates and manages time and budget required to complete tasks. Adjusts plans when issues arise while remaining committed to project deadlines. Measures and evaluates outcome.
- Presentation Skills: Delivers presentations effectively and with confidence to all groups within the region including senior leadership. Ability to coach others on effective presentation techniques.
- Communication Strategy and Planning: Assists with working with competitive analysis/market research, setting objectives, developing measurement and analysis, identifying issues and risks and change management that align with our strategic vision and priorities.
- Reputation and Brand Management: Helps identify reputational risks that have or could have impact on overall business performance and Allstates reputation and assist with developing solutions.
- Internal Communication Skills: Develops and implements internal communication strategies that create an understanding of corporate priorities, providing context on issues and initiatives, building employee/agency engagement, and helping people to understand their role and how it contributes to the success of Allstate.
- Media Relations: Serves as a company spokesperson and media contact; works with news outlets to place stories that drive local agency presence and enhance Allstates reputation; partners with the Issues Management team to appropriately manage potentially adverse public issues; is able to perform as an effective leader when addressing adverse media issues.
- Government Relations & Public Affairs: Works with regional counsel to assist with developing strategies, material, and message development to support Allstate public policy initiatives along with intelligence gathering on regulatory initiatives that impact our industry.
- Issues Management: Partners with regional and Home Office leadership to communicate with key stakeholder groups in a crisis situation. Assists in developing and maintains crisis communication plans.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Assists with developing CSR strategies and initiatives across the enterprise and implements best practices; works with leadership to develop and manage community involvement strategies related to corporate contributions, multicultural outreach and volunteerism.
- Strategic Philanthropy: With minimal guidance, serves as a primary lead managing strategic giving or program budgets against targets; benchmarks best in class philanthropic programs; identifies, establishes and builds relationships with key partners and opinion leaders; measures social impact of programs.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.