Managing Director, Corp Underwriting
FCCI Insurance Group is seeking a strategic leader to provide insight for the development and establishment of FCCIs corporate underwriting strategy, consistent with the professional standards and strategic direction of our rapidly growing commercial lines P&C organization. This key role will be responsible for the daily operations of Corporate Underwriting, Home Office Premium Audit and Risk Control. Primary focus will be to enhance the underwriting framework, policy, strategy and resources necessary to support the company in achieving its business plan across all lines of business in all states. In addition, the selected individual will identify and implement underwriting best practices to drive efficiencies, profitability and collaboration, as well as serve as Chair for the Underwriting Advisory Council. Position reports to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Underwriting. This role is based in Sarasota, Florida.
- Bachelors Degree; (relevant, progressively responsible work experience may be substituted);
- Minimum of (10) years Commercial P&C Underwriting or relevant business experience;
- Minimum of (5) years in a senior leadership role.
- Advanced knowledge of Property Casualty insurance principles and concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of Underwriting principles.
- Advanced knowledge of FCCI underwriting guidelines, relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of field operations, the organization, company products, services and philosophy.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent strategic skills that provides the team vision and direction for the growth and success of FCCI.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to analyze, define, and solve complex problems; the use of good judgment.
- Computer proficiency MS Office products, applicable FCCI systems
- CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter), CIC (Certified Insurance Counselor), or ARM (Associate in Risk Management) designation desired