Specialty Loss Group Claims Support
Engle Martin is a leading national independent loss adjusting and claims management provider. We provide a comprehensive line of service offerings including commercial property, casualty, inland marine/cargo, heavy equipment and large loss adjusting, as well as TPA/claims management and subrogation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for a Specialty Loss Group Claims Support to join our team. The Specialty Loss Group Claims Support provides a broad range of administrative, technical,and clerical support to designated members of the Specialty Loss Group in handling complex claims. The incumbent will also assist the supervising manager or adjuster(s) in providing correct and timely client services and in assuring the insurer fulfills its obligation to policyholders. Further, the role also provides an opportunity to develop a fundamental understanding of the industry and the claims adjusting process and to demonstrate potential for performance in a broader capacity.
- Assists adjusters with tracking status of pending claims as needed.
- Maintains documents in the Riskmaster system; closes files in Riskmaster and prepares files for storage, in keeping with established processes and procedures.
- Enters data in Daily Time and Expense system as needed.
- Composes electronic and hard-copy business memos, reports and Proofreads documents for accuracy. Prepares and files electronic and hard-copy documents, using various software applications as required.
- Maintains office files and records and accesses documents on behalf of adjusters, manager(s), and clients as necessary and in accordance with disclosure and confidentiality requirements.
- Develops a basic knowledge of property and construction fundamentals, and/or knowledge of the specific industry or business affected to better understand property inspections and loss May photograph sites and damage to depict and substantiate loss or the lack thereof.
- May communicate with claimants and experts such as architects, engineers, builders, construction workers, police officers, health care practitioners, accountants, and others to assist the adjuster in fully and accurately assessing the extent of the loss.
- Develops an understanding of insurance policies and coverage types as a context for administrative tasks performed.
- Assists adjuster(s) in preparing and distributing accurate, clear, thorough, and concise reports and letters to insurance carriers on conclusions and Follow established policies, procedures, and processes in preparing information, and submits reports and documents in a timely manner and in accordance with insurer's standards and expectations.
- Assists assigned adjuster(s) in keeping field notes, diary entries, and time and expense records up-to-date and submitted in a timely Prepares reimbursement reports in keeping with organization and client policies, procedures, and practices.
- Obtains supervision or guidance as necessary, and in accordance with EMA policy and practice, when setting up files or completing evaluations and reports.
- Develops an understanding of the business and industry from EMA's and the clients' perspective; participates in formal and/or informal training and development as assigned or approved to assure effective learning occurs.
- Functions as an effective member of the team, assisting co-workers as needed and learning from colleagues and supervisors; supports the goals of the department, division, and organization; participates in special assignments and activities as required or approved; demonstrates initiative in the interest of the client and the organization.
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field, or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and critical thinking skills preferred.
- Experience in commercial property adjusting or other insurance-related work is helpful, though not essential.
- Proficiency in a variety of office software, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe, and potentially others); ability to quickly master industry software such as Xactimate and Riskmaster, DT & E, and CRM.
- Ability to understand claims adjudication process.
- Basic knowledge of, or active interest in, commercial and residential construction industries and/or basic knowledge of, or active interest in, automotive and transportation industry.
- Good organization and time management skills.