At AssuranceAmerica, we are more than a unique blend of insurance assets. We believe in creating a culture where every associate has the opportunity to learn and grow. We strive to create a work environment to meet associate needs and we are determined to achieve excellence in everything we do.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a company that is a leader in the non-standard auto insurance space and functions with a small company, entrepreneurial style. This position will require someone with an understanding that one needs to have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude to help make things happen.
As Manager, you would lead and mentor adjusters who handle a variety of claims including total losses, bodily injury, property damage and claims involving moderate to complex coverage issues, all while providing guidance, developing process and maintaining a positive, goal-oriented environment.
- Guides and manages performance and professional development through coaching and mentoring of technical staff, including performance evaluations and salary reviews.
- Performs regular file reviews and audits to determine compliance with best practices.
- Facilitates and promotes consistent, positive Department financial results by actively strategizing with and providing appropriate guidance and authority to technical staff. Requires technical knowledge and experience, including an understanding of coverage and contract law, litigation and reserving.
- Responsible for various projects related to achieving Department goals (i.e., cost management, quality assurance, SIU, training and development, etc.).
- Reviews and approves coverage letters and responses to regulatory agency inquiries.
- Knowledge of analytics and KPIs to analyze and evaluate claims performance.
- Guide and mentor management staff in accordance with the corporate mission and vision.
- Monitor claim compliance as it pertains to claims practices and company policy.
- Provide authority and guidance on property damage and bodily injury claims.
- Design and deliver training as needed to ensure compliance and proper claims handling.
- Vendor management ensuring work product and expenses are in accordance with company guidelines.
- Must have a strong Casualty background.
Formal Education & Certification
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge & Experience
- 7 or more years of non-standard claims handling experience
- 5 or more years of Casualty experience
- 3 or more years of leadership, supervision and training of others
Skills & Competencies
- Communication and analytical ability at a level to interact with associates, managers, agents and vendors.
- Demonstrated team building and coordination skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to present critical information to Senior Management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently.
- Must meet company guidelines for attendance and punctuality and professional appearance/decorum.
This job description indicates the essential responsibilities of the job. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific associate. Management reserves the right to add to, modify, or change the work assignments of the position as business needs dictate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This job description does not represent a contract of employment. Employment with AssuranceAmerica is at-will. The at-will relationship can be terminated at any time, with or without reason or notice by either the employer or the associate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AssuranceAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer