ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Initiates and receives telephonic contact with reported injured worker, employer and medical providers to obtain treatment plan, secures medical documentation, and assesses if injured worker has returned to work.
* Responsible for detailed documentation within the claim system focusing on medical condition, treatment plan and return to work status.
* Directs callers to appropriate medical and/or claim resources.
* Identifies and communicates urgent situations related to treatment or patient condition directly to the claim team.
* Functions as nurse consultant to the claim team.
* Assesses appropriate medical follow up and makes necessary recommendations to the claim team, working closely with team to assist in identifying potential red-flags from the injury that may require further follow-up or additional services.
* Adheres to the Triage production standards and Account special handling guidelines
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Ability to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
* Ability to skillfully manage multiple, complex projects and competing priorities concurrently while working under pressure to meet production standards deadlines and maintaining strong customer service orientation.
* Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
* Strong interpersonal, time management and written communication skills.
* Great attention to detail, and results focused
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Minimum of 1 year clinical nursing experience
* Graduate of an approved accredited school of nursing.
* Current unencumbered RN Licensure in state of residency and practicing state(s) must be maintained throughout employment with CorVel.
CorVel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications/resumes submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses