Vocational Case Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and carry out appointments with client, family, adjuster, medical providers, employer, attorney, vendors as necessary.
- Communicate via telephone.
- Complete forms according to industry requirements.
- Prepare organized reports within a specified timeframe.
- Document all case activity in files
- Complete ongoing educational requirements as required by certifying entities.
- May be required to attend committee meetings, participate in customer service activities, present instructional programs, administer vocational testing and review results, perform on-site job analyses, provide expert testimony, job placement, oversee job seeking skills workshop and perform labor market research.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Complies with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Effective multi-tasking skills in a high-volume, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to interface with claims staff, attorneys, physicians and their representatives, and advisors/clients and coworkers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Bachelors degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or related field with course work in rehabilitation philosophy, rehabilitation history, rehabilitation ethics, medical aspects of disability, psychological aspects of disability, job placement, occupational information, counseling theory, personal and vocation adjustment, work evaluation (minimum of 24 credit hours). CRC or CDMS certification required.
- Knowledge of Managed Care or Workers Compensation.
CorVel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications/resumes submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses