Executive Administrative Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for all aspects of planning meetings, working with Board committee members, and coordinating Board activities. Works closely with the President & Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, and Senior Management Team in achieving organizational goals. Participates in the organization’s Continuous Quality Improvement efforts. Supervises staff as assigned.
- Provides administrative support for the President & CEO, and Board of Directors to include word processing, telephone coverage, copier projects, mail handling, tracking departmental expenditures, and communications internally and externally.
- Prepares correspondence for the President & CEO, and Board of Directors, including letters, memos, forms, meeting minutes, itineraries, spreadsheets, and policies and procedures. Prepares agendas and transcribes minutes for Management Team meetings, Board of Directors committee meetings, Board meetings and other occasions as requested. Distributes minutes as appropriate. Fulfills registrations and reservations for conferences, workshops, and other activities.
- Assists the President & CEO, in the management of his schedule and handles calls from both internal and external sources.
- Performs research for the President & CEO and Board of Directors to provide background for current and future projects or initiatives.
- Works independently, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously, and follows through on issues in a timely manner. Uses discretion to determine proper course of action to complete assignments. Handles confidential matters. Safeguards client information and other confidential information.
- Schedules and tracks reservations for various meetings and informs appropriate members of when and where meetings will be held. Maintains attendance records for the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and committees.
- Maintains Board and administrative files. Maintains database on all Board members past and present.
- Maintains Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Charter and strategic plan for distribution. Ensures an accurate master copy of the organization’s Policy and Procedure Manual is maintained in the Executive Office.
- Provides assistance to Senior Management as needed.
- Supervises staff as assigned. Provides leadership and guidance to administrative personnel as requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent from an accredited institution with three or more years administrative support experience. Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the administrative field. Experience in Board of Directors activities required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid Florida driver's license and be insurable by our current insurance carrier.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to type 75 wpm and take transcription. Knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, and related basic computer software, including MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the like. Knowledge of effective office procedures and practices. Possess effective organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Ability to establish effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, supervisors and other individuals. Possess effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of agency's organizational structure, standard operating procedures, and policies.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
Ability to use a personal computer and related office equipment. Ability to use hands and fingers for typing. Ability to communicate verbally. Good hearing (with or without hearing device). Reasonable accommodation will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Works indoors in an office environment.