American Integrity Insurance, the premier writer of Florida homeowners insurance, has more than 240,000 customers and is exclusively represented by more than 900 independent agents who specialize in this complex and ever-evolving market. We offer sound and comprehensive home, condo, rental property and manufactured home insurance to families throughout the Sunshine State. Comprised of nearly over 160 insurance professionals, most of whom work in our Tampa-area headquarters, we have been recognized as a Top Place to Work in Tampa by the Tampa Bay Times and a Best Places to Work in Insurance by Business Insurance magazine for the past three years.
A Day in the Life:
Who Says Insurance Cant Be Fun? From company picnics to charity events, no one can ever say American Integrity Insurance doesnt understand the importance of having fun, helping others and giving back. Our company culture is priceless, and we hold true to our six core values: integrity, commitment, teamwork, humility, passion and fun. As a team working to provide home insurance solutions to our policyholders, together we aim to achieve greater heights each day and celebrate each other's accomplishments along the way. It is our mission to continue providing reliable, customer-centric homeowners insurance to Florida residents and paying claims in a timely manner when our customers suffer a loss and to do so with Integrity.
Learn more about American Integrity Insurance and our job opportunities at www.aiicfl.com.This Job
Title: Product Analyst
The Product Analyst will create, update and implement rate and rule manuals, underwriting guidelines, and policy coverage forms including filings with the Office of Insurance Regulation. He/she will maintain accurate and timely competitive analysis, including rates, rules and forms of primary competitors. The Product Analyst will support Pricing, Reserving and Reinsurance areas with quality data extraction, validation and analysis, and will be responsible for reading through forms and checking and correcting any and all errors before submission.What Youll Do
- Develops/revises product rate/rule manuals and forms as part of state product strategies or state compliance, for filings with State Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR).
- Controls all insurance policy forms and maintains Forms Matrix.
- Perform analysis of existing forms and manuals on a regularly scheduled basis for effectiveness.
- Researches statutory changes and provides management with requirements.
- Negotiates approval of forms filings with OIR.
- Researches and analyzes external information sources to provide updated, accurate competitive analysis including rates, guidelines and forms.
- Provide Market Analysis create and maintain rates and profiles of major competitors. A complete market basket analysis of rate position by territory/zip code on a number of different risk profiles. Keep up to date of competitor filings and rate levels through OIR website.
- Support department by extracting data from data warehouse, validating accuracy of data and setting up and performing analysis as needed.
- Analyze and report on loss trends, cancellations, retention, attrition, NB production, NB quality, PIF quality and any other ad-hoc requests.
- Provides input on pricing, reserving and risk management strategies.
- Identifies and resolves rating discrepancies.
- Help prepare quarterly and annual financial submissions
- Processes accurate and well documented business requirements for all changes.
- Tests changes for accuracy and documents discrepancies.
- Follows-up to ensure corrections are made timely and accurately.
- Independently works on supporting new products and features.
- Reviews and recommends procedure changes. Develops documentation and implementation processes for changes as needed.
- Performs all responsibilities using established quality control procedures and checklists.
Education: Bachelors Degree (B.A. or B.S.); or related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
Experience: Data Analytics and experience in data extraction and interpretation required. One (1) to three (3) or more years of experience working in Property Casualty field preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong ability to read, analyze, and interpret governmental regulations, technical procedures, insurance business periodicals/circulars, and professional journals.
- Ability to analyze data and develop strategic recommendations.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management.
- Experience in group presentations and project management.
- Demonstrated skills or past achievement to obtain desired results.
- Proven knowledge of insurance concepts, insurance contract interpretation & layout, principles and practices preferred.
- Strong computer spreadsheet and database skills: COGNOS, Access, and SQL, preferred. Excellent Excel skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn additional software applications as required.
- Ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; gather information from multiple parties to ensure all perspectives are heard and considered; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas, thoughts and questions; express information and ideas effectively in settings including aligned or un-aligned feedback to obtain desired results.
Working Conditions: Normal business office environment. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time while constantly operating a computer and or other office productivity machinery such as a calculator or telephone. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery or communicate with coworkers.
Travel:Minimum, as required. Vendor conference attendance will be assumed.
ADA:The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of job duties.
American Integrity Insurance Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.