Assistant Director of Nursing, RN - Westminster Bradenton Manor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards, and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and its communities.
1. Direct and supervise, on assigned unit, the daily functions of the nursing staff in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the Skilled Nursing Facility.
2. Ensure that all nursing personnel assigned to assigned care area comply with the written policies and procedures established by this facility.
3. Participate with updating and reviewing care plans that identify goals, problems, approaches, and revisions based on nursing needs.
4. Administer professional nursing services when needed commensurate with the scope of practice.
5. Meet with assigned nursing staff to discuss planning the shifts services, programs, and activities and monitor duties are completed as directed.
6. Collaborate with other members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure that the residents total regimen of care is maintained.
7. Manage quality and accuracy of the EHR for all residents and staff under your oversight 8. Manage and improve unit based performance metrics that are reported by the facility ie. (falls, FAPU, QMs, Re-hospitalizations, etc.).
9. Oversee the quality of resident admissions, transfers and discharges.
10. Participate in the orientation of new residents/family members to the unit.
11. Complete daily clinical and environmental rounds to evaluate resident care and report significant events.
12. Address resident/family issues in a timely manner. Report significant issues to the Director of Nursing.
13. Communicate with health care practitioner to review treatment plans, complete orders, progress notes, etc., in accordance with established policies.
14. Oversee the completion of accident/incident reports involving residents. Report to IDT.
15. Complete Recapitulations each month for physician signature. Report all discrepancies to DON.
16. Ensure that an adequate supply of floor stock medications, supplies, and equipment are available to meet resident care needs.
17. Conduct employee performance evaluations.
18. Make recommendations to the DON concerning employee discipline, dismissal and/or transfers.
The above job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the assignments and responsibilities assigned to any employee; nor are such assignments restricted to those precisely listed in the description. This job description may change from time to time as the needs of the organization change.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, as well as follow instructions, and accept guidance.
Must be able to deal tactfully with employees, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility.
Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.Qualifications
3 years: Long Term Care
Licenses & Certifications
CPR Certified RN