Investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and resolves assigned property claims having low to moderate complexity and value, working within delegated reserve and settlement authority. Works closely with the Unit Manager, occasionally handling claims with additional complexities related to unique coverage and/or exposure issues.
The ideal requirements for the position are listed below, nonetheless, in a developmental capacity, a combination of experience, education, and on-the-job training will be considered adequate.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in the adjusting of residential and commercial claims or a combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative atmosphere.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Customer service orientation; empathy.
- Demonstrates ownership attitude and customer centric response to all assigned tasks.
- Solid analytical and decision making skills.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
Licenses and / or Certifications:
- Adjuster’s license(s) (where applicable) required or successfully acquired within 60 days of hiring.
- AIC a plus.
- Professional designation specific to claims a plus.