Director of Nursing
Location: Westminster Point Pleasant Bradenton
Work With Excellence, Serve With Heart! Join the team at Westminster Point Pleasant, a beautiful waterfront continuing care retirement community located near downtown Bradenton. Currently seeking experienced, knowledgeable, empathetic, employee oriented and team focused individual for our full time Director of Nursing position. EOE, DFWP "We honor those who served".
Why work for us?
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Comprehensive Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k
- Paid Time Off including Paid Vacation
- Work Alongside Industry Experts That Take Pride in Their Work
- Supportive Management Team That Put Employees First
- Warm and Friendly Work Environment
- Beautiful, Well-Maintained Facility Conveniently Located Near Downtown Bradenton
- Flexible Schedule
- Plenty of Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
JOB SUMMARY: Plans, organizes, develops and directs the overall operation of the nursing services department in accordance with current federal, state, local and standards, guidelines and regulations. Ensures the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and its communities.
- Supervise the staff which involves direct and indirect responsibilities for interviewing, selecting, training, motivating, wage and salary administration, performance appraisal, and managing policies and procedures to ensure achievement of the departments goals.
- Assist in preparing and administering the budget for the nursing department within the fiscal guidelines.
- Develop and maintain nursing care objectives and standards of nursing care practices in cooperation with the Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Plan, organize, and direct, in cooperation with the Assistant Director, effective administration of the nursing units and patient care based on the established goals, objectives, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Regularly inspect the health center and monitor nursing practices for compliance with federal, state, and local standards and regulations.
- Assure residents of a comfortable, clean, orderly and safe environment. Ensure adequate State and Federal coverage is provided for each shift (census requirements).
- Lead the medical staff in taking positive action to continually upgrade the quality of physical, social, emotional, and spiritual care given.
- Ensure proper handling and emergency care of residents, personnel, and visitors while on the job or in the building.
- Assist in the development of Resident Care Plans for individual residents including rehabilitative and restorative activities.
- Maintain required records. Review, update, and revise policies including OSHA, HIPAA, and QA procedures to meet current objectives and State and Federal Standards.
- Attend department head meetings and coordinate activities of the Health Center with other departments of the community.
- Review infection control reports, medication incident reports, and incident reports for corrective action. Responsible for the successful implementation of the corrective action plans.
- Develop and maintain nursing service objectives, standards of nursing practice, nursing policy and procedure manuals, scheduling of rounds to see all residents and methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services.
- Organize, develop, and direct the administration and resident care of the Health Center.
- Have the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability for all functions, activities, and training in the Health Center.
- Assume administrative responsibility for the Health Center in the absence of the Health Services Administrator.
- Comply with, support and enforce all company policies involving safety and infection control procedures including the proper use of mechanical lifts, gait belts, and personal protective wear.
- Understand, comply with, and promote all rules and regulations regarding residents rights.
- Promote positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, including maintaining professional appearance.
- Ensure medication administered as ordered in accordance with nursing standards, company policies, and medical orders.
- Monitor staff relations practices to ensure that employees maintain high morale and staff retention through effective communication, prompt problem resolution, positive supervisory practices, and a positive work environment.
- Plan and implement nursing orientation, job skills training, and in-service education programs in accordance with company policies and regulations.
Education: Must be a Registered Nurse in good standing and currently licensed by the State of Florida.
BSN (4 year degree) from an accredited university or college preferred. Must be CPR Certified
Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years long-term care experience as a staff nurse in a supervisory position and a background in gerontology as well as strong leadership and management skills. Must be able to relate positive to residents, families, and government regulators, and to work cooperatively with other associates at all levels. Must have experience in performance management and effective leadership. Must have ability to complete multiple projects. Must possess basic computer skills including e-mail use.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Licenses & Certifications