AL Med TECH Westminster Suncoast
Westminster Suncoast is Looking for dynamic, engaging individuals to join a new Assisted Living Memory Care program. These individuals will aid in the program development and implementation as a new program begins on April 1, 2018. Ideal candidates will have experience working with individuals with memory issues, be creative and self motivated to engage and offer exceptional service to the residents we serve.
Assist to plan, develop and direct the RAL operation of the activities department in accordance with regulatory guidelines and our established policies and procedures and assure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet the level of interests and abilities of each resident. May Provide residents with routine daily nursing care in accordance with nursing care procedures and as directed by supervisor. Preserve residents dignity,
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster and its communities.
- C.N.A Preferred
- Carry out daily, hand-on activities in a courteous, compassionate and enthusiastic manner which promotes a feeling of well-being and security in residents.
- Implement age appropriate activities for residents in a manner appropriate for residents abilities and which take dignity issues & physical limitations into consideration.Spend time with individual residents spontaneously, as needs arise, to promote feeling of well-being and security.Assist with the preparation of the monthly activity material; distribute calendars and special event notices.
- Update and maintain the Resident Likes & Dislikes for planning purposes.
- Fill in Daily Activity Boards on each floor, with dates & times of scheduled activities.
- Positively promote activities and encourage resident participation.
- Assist patients/residents with Daily Living Activities such as bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, transfer, ambulation, toileting and other resident needs..
- Taking vital signs and reporting observations and any change in condition to the nurse.
- Practice Infection Prevention and Control measures in compliance with Federal, State and Facility requirements..
- Avoid development of skin problems or skin breakdown by providing timely incontinent care and frequent repositioning residents that need assistance.
EOE, DFWP, "We honor those who have served"Qualifications
1-2 years: years experience in recreational activity programs for senior adults. in nursing homes or related activities preferred. Must be familiar withindividuals that suffer from dementia or be willing to learn about them.Interest and abilities in recreation, crafts, art, theater or language artsextremely helpful.
Licenses & Certifications
First Aid CPR Certified Medication Tech. CNA